post.dateHeader/>

The Perch, Oxford

Winter Walk & Lunch at The Perch, Oxford



It was recently my boyfriend's birthday and for his birthday we took a stroll through Port Meadow then had lunch at The Perch in Oxford, which is a historic and rustic pub that is tucked away behind the meadow. It was my first time there and I was so impressed with the food that was served and the environment. 
When the food was served I just couldn't resist snapping up a few photographs for my blog because the food and plating was just so lovely. 

First up was starters, I shared my boyfriend's because I made a silly mistake of eating quite a lot for breakfast, so wanted to make sure I wasn't too full for my main. His was a really delicious parnsip soup served with bread on the side. 


For my main I ordered leek and parsnip cakes with cider and rosemary sauce. I was so pleasantly surprised when it arrived because the cakes had strips of parsnip on top that really decorated it well. It tasted so amazing too and the sauce complemented it perfectly. I definitely recommend this dish to anyone visiting The Perch. 



My boyfriend went for the burger and even that looked very cute on its plate. The tomato relish was such a good dipping sauce for the chips. 



Finally, dessert...and I'm a girl who definitely cannot go without having something sweet to finish off, so dessert was a must. I ordered something I had never tried before and usually this backfires for me, however when the Hedgerow Fool arrived, I knew I had picked well. It was a mixture of berries and yoghurt served in a glass with a shortbread biscuit on the side. 


All in all, it was a wonderful lunch and the perfect place to visit on a cold winters afternoon. I love going for walks and visiting new, hidden away places. The Perch is such a rustic place with some of the most appetising food I had ever tasted. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is visiting Oxford or near.

Have you recently come across any hidden gems around your town/city? I know I love finding new ones, so please do recommend any in the comments below! 

Love Anna, x




2 comments:

  1. Your food photos are making me hungry!! Everything looks amazing.
    Brianna || http://extraordinarydaysblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Just checked out your blog and loving it!

      Love Anna, The Laife Journal x

      Delete