post.dateHeader/>

North Yorkshire

Fountains Abbey & Deer Park


I was recently passing in the north and dropped past to visit my best friend in Northallerton!  She took me to Fountains Abbey and a deer park, which was so beautiful and just had to take lots of photos. Despite not having my camera, I took them on my iPhone to share on my blog. So warning: It is going to be a picture heavy post!

The deer park: So surreal seeing them just wandering around us.




Then walked around Ripon National Trust park to find Fountains Abbey.



As we were walking, we turned around a corner and located just around the bend was the Abbey in the misty rain. Fountains Abbey is the largest standing abbey remains and it was absolutely beautiful seeing it still standing. Even though a lot of the abbey has fallen, a great portion still remains and we were able to walk around to see it all. 













It had rained all morning and all afternoon so we began to think that we wouldn't see the sun. But we stayed optimistic and it paid off because as we were heading for lunch, the sun began to shine! So we took our simple picnic to a tree log and sat there whilst enjoying the warm sunshine!






Absolutely loved visiting Northallerton and had such a wonderful time, just wished I could have stayed longer! There apparently is so much more to see as well so I will make sure my next visit is one where I can stay to enjoy it and take more pictures for you all.  
I want to say a quick Thank You to Wally though for the T.L.C I needed <3

If you have any recommendations of where to visit in North Yorkshire, please do leave them in the comments below!

Love Anna x



No comments:

Leave a comment