post.dateHeader/>

Make Up Haul

Make Up Haul


A while ago, I made a large 'purchase' from Boots using my saved points to buy new make up and the haul really sparked my interest to start my blog so I could review them all. Since I received these products a while ago, I've had a chance to use them a lot and test them out before making this post. Bearing in mind, it is my first make up haul review I have kept it simple with pictures of the products and my opinion, so if you would like more information, comment below!

This has become my ultimate favourite brow kit that I own. The brow kit comes in 4 different shades and I own the 'Dark' shade as it is the one that matches closest to my natural brow shade. One side is a gel consistency and the other side is a powder. With brushes for both sides and a mini set of tweezers, this kit includes everything you need to enhance your eyebrows.

I have always had faint eyebrows so I never go for heavy eyebrow make up because it looks unnatural on my face. I use the powder for my every day make up and under flash they appear natural. When I am going to events or parties, I tend to use the gel side to make sure that my eyebrows aren't washed out by the flash for pictures.

The kit also lasts for a long time, I've have had mine for several months and despite using it everyday I do not think I will run out for a very long time. Therefore for £8.49 (or 849 Boots points) it is a really inexpensive addition and staple to anyone's make up collection.

I have never been a big contouring kind of girl because I like to go for 'less-is-more' and not caked on, full on powdered make-up. However once I saw the Sleek Contour Kit, I decided to give contouring a chance. Once again, I went for the shade that was closest to my face colour, which was 'Medium'.

I did notice that for everyday make up the contour side of the kit seemed full on. Therefore I usually tend to use the contour powder for photographs or when I am going out and heavier make up is more appropriate.

The highlighter side, however, is perfect for a every day make up or for a subtle look. It is a lovely shade and it gives off a nice illuminating effect. When I applied it to the bridge of my nose, under my eyebrows and to my cupid's bow, it really enhanced those areas. Purely for the highlighter powder, £6.49 (or 649 Boots points) it was definitely worth it. It is no doubt an extra though and not for everyone.

This was my most-highly anticipated product, however I have yet to fully decide whether I like this powder. The square sponge is not ideal for application and makes it look very unnatural. I have not yet tried the powder with a different brush or sponge because I did not warm to this product. However I may purchase a powder brush specifically to try this out again. Watch this space for my full opinion.

[UPDATE] Soon after writing this post, I decided to get my act together, buy a new powder brush and try this out. That is what I did. And I am now in LOVE with this product. Its actually something I've been looking for, a slight contour effect but with a hint of glamour. It makes contouring look so natural compared to the Sleek Contour Kit contouring powder. It really is something you all need to try!


Last but not least, is my favourite of the entire haul. This purchase was an impulse buy when I was scanning the Boots store. I had never seen such a blusher and since I loved the colour, I decided to pick it up in the shade 'The Cheek Of It'.

When I tried it for the first time, I immediately loved it. The colour looked as good on as it did in the pot. It was easy to apply and pigmented enough to emphasise my cheekbones and give me some colour to my cheeks. It was so easy to apply and with a little mirror on the end, I could apply it instantly on the move.

It is so useful for taking around and the real bonus point is that it only costs £4.99, which is truly inexpensive for a decent blusher. I will definitely repurchase this item, when I do run out, or purchase one of the other five shades.


Let me know if you've used any of these products and your experiences or if you want more detail in my future beauty reviews. I'd also love to hear about any recommendations for beauty products as well!

Love Anna x

6 comments:

  1. Anna I'm loving your blog! So pleased to have a fellow blogger who I actually know in real life too :). I'd love to see a comparison of the Benefit Push Up liner with the Maybelline one! I'm contemplating whether its worth buying either of them atm. I really love my K-Palette Tattoo eyeliner that I bought from Sasa but feel like I should probably try something new out soon :)

    Izzi x | A beauty, food and lifestyle blog by Izzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Izzi! and yeah its good to know a fellow blogger =] and yes I will put it into my list so a comparison post sometime! I've not heard of that eyeliner but I'm intrigued, may have to contact someone in Hong Kong to get it for me x

      Delete
  2. my favourite thing -how you've related it to what happens under flash/photography!! hehe!
    you know me and make-up... we don't mix very often or well together, but now I have some more tricks to try so thanks timone! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely an aspect that needs to be considered bearing in mind the number of photos that are being taken nowadays (mostly by me! haha) but you look gorgeous au natural and with make-up, sometimes its about finding what works for you though =] x

      Delete
  3. Yay for more blog posts! I really need to try this Sleek range by the looks of it! Never heard about it until I read this post! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe and many more to come! Its so amazing, I'm really loving their products and defs gonna be trying more! So if you try any out, let me know what you think of them! x

      Delete