post.dateHeader/>

Browns, Oxford

Champagne Afternoon Tea for Three!


As a birthday treat for one of my best friends, I booked a table for us and another bestie to have some afternoon tea at Browns in Oxford. I have never had high tea before and so as a belated birthday present, we decided to indulge and go for some bubbly and yummy treats! 



Since I had already pre-booked the table and meal plan, when we arrived, we were immediately asked for our drink preferences and then served the food. It was such a cute experience, as all the foods were tiny and perfect for me, since I like a bite of everything! The champagne afternoon tea included a glass of champagne, 3 sandwiches, 3 sweet desserts, scones and a hot drink, which was all so filling. You can imagine all that squished only one small circular table was a little crazy as well!






All the foods were delicious and extremely filling! I enjoyed having a nice treat with my favourite girls and made us all so excited for Christmas! Since I hardly get to see my high school friends as often as I like, due to our busy lives, it was lovely catching up with some mini bites. 

I'm really into this whole afternoon tea lunches, so I'd love to hear all the places you have all been for some great afternoon teas! I definitely want to go to some more and I have my eye on The Raldolph Hotel, Oxford as my next visit! So please do link me to your blog posts or comment any recommendations down below. 

Also wishing my bestie a Happy Birthday <3 




Love Anna x



9 comments:

  1. Awww this is too cute, and the food looks amazing :) Hope H had a lovely birthday!

    Tiny x http://asktiny.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^^ it was very delicious as well =]

      Love Anna, The Laife Journal x

      Delete
  2. Looks like you all had such a fun time and the food looks delicious! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had such a lovely time, thanks =D wish we could go for afternoon tea all the time!

      Love Anna, The Laife Journal x

      Delete
  3. Oh this all looks so yummy.

    I go to a Sydney venue for high tea called the Victoria Room. It's so elegant and beautiful! I feel so princess-y when I'm there haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh wow, I wish I could go to something as elegant as that, it sounds amazing! I definitely need to find myself a place where I can feel like a princess having high tea in England =]

      Love Anna, The Laife Journal x

      Delete
  4. Oh this looks incredible and I'm glad you had a good time! I love afternoon teas, they're so quaint! My two favourites were from Harvey Nicholls in Edinburgh and The Carlton George in Glasgow.

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! Ooo another person who loves them too! and thank you for sharing your favourites, I'll definitely see if I can book time to visit there =]

      Love Anna, The Laife Journal x

      Delete