post.dateHeader/>

Impulse Shopping

Mini Shopping Haul


I was in Wilko recently and I surprised to see some of their good deals on beauty products. I always need new brushes and am a nail varnish hauler so I ended up purchasing some brushes and nail varnish for great prices.


Nails



Their Maybelline section had the Forever Strong Professional Nail Varnish for £3.50. Although there were limited colours, I picked up the shades '130 - Rose Poudre' and '265 - Orchidee Divine Wine'. I've recently been into nudes and this pink nude is just perfect and has knocked itself to the top of my favourites pile. The darker shade is also a gorgeous colour and I think it would compliment some dark lips in the autumn and winter weather. The Maybelline varnishes have a rounded brush that makes painting my nails so much faster and easier and with two coats, the colours are rich and long-lasting. They have now become my favourite nail polishes ever, as they just glide on easily and last for so long! The colours that available are amazing as well, so I'll definitely be investing in more.


Another nail varnish I picked up was from Superdrug and I purchased it because I've had my eye on nail strengtheners quite a lot. My nails have grown quite a lot but feel very weak so I've needed something that will keep them from snapping and splitting. Despite being tempted by the Essie range, I decided to try out Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails (£4.75). So I shall try it out loads and possibly review it later whether it is a good find or another clear nail varnish.


Brushes


In terms of brushes, I've needed a new blusher brush and a powder brush for loose powder. Wilko has a range of different brushes; a set of pink/blue brushes and premium brushes. After deliberating all the various ones, I bought the Premium Powder Brush for £4.00 and the Wilko Blusher Brush for £2.00. They both feel very soft and can match up to the Real Techniques' brushes I have. Therefore definitely considering purchasing more from their range. 



Have you made any cheeky mid-week purchases recently? Or found any good beauty or non-beauty related deals? I'd love to hear about them! 

Love Anna x

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely little haul! I love the pale pink nail polish! x

    i've got a MAC lipstick giveaway over on my blog if you want to take a look :)
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Its my absolute favourite and best part is that it lasts!
      I checked out your exciting giveaway and entered! and Congrats on reaching 800 followers!

      Love Anna, The Laife Journal x

      Delete