post.dateHeader/>

Hong Kong (Part 1)

Summer in Hong Kong


I'm writing this post much delayed after I went to Hong Kong but considering my blog is still very new, I'm playing a lot of catch up! Hong Kong has also been featured all over the news, so in a bid to show my love for the place <3, I decided to post this.

 I actually flew out to Hong Kong after finishing my finals, to join my Dad for a two-week break away. Despite getting bitten like crazy by mosquitos, I had an awesome time visiting lots of different attractions and eating lots of yummy food.

I had arrived in the evening so whilst adjusting to the humidity, my Dad and I took a walk to Sai Kung pier that was gorgeously lit up by all the buildings. We also watched all the locals sitting on the side catching squid with their little buckets.


When in Hong Kong it's always nice to wander the streets and indulge in lots and lots of food, which is exactly what I did (therefore you can tell this post will be food picture heavy!). I also developed a craving for this amazing fruit, mangosteen, that a family friend brought for me practically everyday. Its such a delicious fruit and I miss not having it all the time.






Since it was my Dad and I's first holiday together ever, we decided to do it the tourist way. On my second day back, we bought ourselves (many) tickets to Ocean Park and headed for a day of fun! My Dad had grown up beside the sea so he absolutely loved the sea life attractions and was once again a kid for a day. He was overly excited about the water fountains in the centre and ended up taking about 50+ photographs purely of them. Later on, we enjoyed a short but sweet performance by dolphins and took many photos. There's so much to see and do in Ocean Park and there definitely was not enough time in one day to visit it all. But of the places we did manage to see, the large fish aquarium was definitely our favourite by far. It was so weirdly thrilling to be so close to all those fish, sharks and stingrays.















Whenever I travel back to Hong Kong it always involves meeting up with relatives and so the next morning began a day full of visiting my dad's family. I met up with my auntie, uncles and cousins and we spent time catching up and (you guessed it...) eating. I literally could not get bored of all the varieties of food that was on offer, it was definitely so much better in comparison to England's finest. We went to a restaurant near the Manhattan Heights' flats called Tao Square and I could not get over their plating decorations and delicious flavours. 












We did some shopping afterwards and just loved seeing all the bright shelves and various forms of drinks that were on offer. I thought that the World Cup 2014 themes lemon teas were so cute as well.



By the evening, we were so tired but considering the fact we were being tourists on this holiday, we just had to visit Victoria Harbour and The Avenue of Stars. We could not have picked a better day to visit, the sky was so clear bar a few clouds and the moon was shining so bright. The combination of lights and calm waters made it so magical. It literally is a 'must' when it comes to visiting Hong Kong.






Also spotted a gold McDull on the Avenue of Stars!
Look out for my Hong Kong (Part 2) post with more pictures of food and places I visited.

Have you ever travelled/wanted to travel to Hong Kong? and if so where are your favourite places to visit?

Love Anna x

6 comments:

  1. Omg I love the pictures!! Hong Kong looks amazing and so do you <3 I'm going to Ocean Park as well, cannot wait for part 2, upload soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe awww thanks =] and it really is! You really must go out at night too coz literally one of my favourite times to go out =P and YAYYY!! Ocean park is literally awesome and its SO big! Just wary of some sneaky queue jumpers haha and pick a day with good weather ;) can't wait to hear all about it!

      Anna, thelaifejournal.com x

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures and yes eating is what we asians do when we meet our relatives ^^
    It seems that you had a great time.

    xo
    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^^ and its certainly a fact haha! I did and it really is a place worth visiting if you haven't been =]

      Anna, thelaifejournal.com x

      Delete
  3. Omg anna, these pics are sooo gorgeous!! U and yr dad are so cute :D cant believe i have missed these holiday snaps for so long, the downfall of not being flat buddies :( the blog is amazing, keep it up :D xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you Wally <3 and I know, I wish I could have shown you all these!! I got Part 2 coming soon and lots lots more ^^

      Anna, thelaifejournal.com Xxxxxxxxxx

      Delete