post.dateHeader/>

Hong Kong (Part 2)

Summer in Hong Kong continued...


My Dad comes from Sai Wan (otherwise known as 大浪西灣) which is a beach in Sai Kung, Hong Kong. So every time we go back we go visit my uncles and chill on the beach. We had didn't have a lot of time, so this visit was short but that did not stop those mosquitos biting me to death! I always love relaxing on the beach and swimming in the sea, its always been one of my favourite places.
(Side-note: Always be prepared, leggings do not protect you! So always bring the mosquito repellant with you.)






On our way home, we had a first-time experience of being stopped by the marine customs police. Our boat driver was super chilled though and handled it with ease and we were on our way.



My Dad then had to leave to head back to England because he needed to go to work but I stayed on for a little while longer. After resting for a couple of days, I arranged to met up with a good friend and we went to Tian Tan Buddha (天壇大佛). It was a great day to go because the sun was shining and the sky was clear. We took cable cars to the location so we could see the wonderful sights before we got there.











 The hot weather was definitely a plus but it did make climbing all the stairs to the Buddha a lot harder. Like usual though, it was all worth it as the view from the top was break-taking. The clear sky allowed us to see far into the distance and appreciate the height.




On our way back, we had splurged a little more to ride the Crystal Cabin cable cars which had a see-through bottom floor. We rode the car with an Australian tourist and his friend and we all took turns taking crazy photographs with the awesome floor. It was an adrenaline-kicking experience and a scary thought to know that it was just acrylic holding us up but it was so worth the try!



Something I love about being in Hong Kong is that the night is as alive as the days, shops are still open and there's a food shop around every corner with all the cuisines you could think of. So after my friend and I finally decided on having Korean food for our late afternoon lunch, we headed to the streets of Hong Kong in search for some last minute purchases, a new laptop (for him) and a bubble tea, which I had been craving since I last had one in Sheffield.





The rest of my days in Hong Kong were spent shopping for little presents and eating food (no surprises there). I went to this amazing Korean/Japanese buffet and since we were dining with the co-owner of this branch (who continuously refilled my slushie drink), we got the chance to try as assortment of their popular dishes. Left that night with a food baby that literally lasted for days.












With a bit of miscellaneous finish, I've just included food from hotpot and a famous won-ton shop (which I unfortunately forgot the name of).





My time in Hong Kong really flew by and before I knew it, it was time to return home. Even though I had so much fun, I was more than ready to head back home to my friends and family. Hopefully next time, I'll be able to go back with friends and share what Hong Kong has to offer.

Have you ever been to Hong Kong? I'd love to hear your opinions about places you've visited!
I've just recently taken a city break to Barcelona so make sure to look out for that!

Love Anna x

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word. 大浪西灣 is the most beautiful place -it looks so perfect, rural and undisturbed -I would love to visit!
    You have succeeded in making me both very hungry (and I mean craving real Korean food) and thirsty -I have been meaning to try bubble tea since my brother's wife was talking about a really nice bubble tea place in Exeter a year ago!
    xxx

    P.S. you were brave sitting on the glass floor of the cable car!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I really wanna take you to visit! We must go to a bubble tea shop, there's now two in Oxford so when you're back, I'll take you <3 hehe it was so fun!

      Love Anna, thelaifejournal.com x

      Delete
  2. Hong Kong looks so INCREDIBLE! I absolutely have to go one day! Definitely going to save up! x

    I've got a giveaway over on my blog if you want to check it out :)

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you love it and you really must! Loved checking out your blog (I love all your outfits) and your giveaway, its the first that I've entered! Congrats on reaching 700 followers!

      Love Anna, thelaifejournal.com x

      Delete