post.dateHeader/>

My Favourite Eyeliners

My Favourite Eyeliners



Recently I've been experimenting with different eyeliners and comparing them against my everyday ones to find my absolute favourite ones. I've really been loving brown eyeliners for everyday make up now and black eyeliner for events and more dressy-up days. So after playing around with various brands, here are my favourites...

1. Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Khol Liner in Sumatra (£16.00)






I actually purchased this product when I randomly found it in The Cosmetics Company in Bicester Village. I did a swatch on my hand and realised that it was actually really difficult to rub off! I had been looking for a dark brown khol liner for ages and when I discovered that the nib always stays sharp, I was straight in line for the tills. Although this liner is quite pricey at £16 (limited discounted price of £11 at Bicester Village) it is so worth the purchase and I use it practically everyday. It's easy to apply as its always sharp (no need for extra make up equipment!) and I love the colour! I also prefer having mechanical pen eye products compared to pencil ones because it can be such a hassle having to sharpen it so often, so this product ticks all the right boxes.

2. Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Forest Brown (£5.99)





This liquid eyeliner is my lower-end product, for £5.99 this product is perfect for my lazy days. I use this when I'm going to be at home or if I need to pop out to the shops or run errands. Although the product seems to run out quickly, its again easy to apply and is simplistic for a natural look. I do not tend to go for liquid eyeliners because I find that they run a lot but this one dries quickly and is light in colour to just give a subtle line to rim the eyes. As a top tip for storing liquid liners, try to store them standing upside down so that the product can filtrate the brush nib! This means next time you use it, you won't have to shake it manically trying to get as much product down to the brush.

3. Benefit'They're Real Push Up Liner (£18.50)






I had heard so many reviews for this eyeliner so I had my eye on it for quite some time. When I finally got my hands on it, I was dying to try it out. I already had some experience using a gel eyeliner pen so applying it was relatively easy and similar to the Maybelline version. It does have more of an elongated nib though which makes application more smooth-lined. Something I also noticed was that this product really stays! It always takes a little more eye make-up remover and time to remove at the end of the night. Therefore, bearing in mind the price, I tend to use this liner for nights when I really need my make-up to stay put and last all day.
It also worthy to note that with gel pen liners, you need to have the experience and practice before you can properly master drawing a straight and clean line.

4. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black (£8.99)






I have previously mentioned this product in a haul post and gel liners have always been my favourite. Therefore this eye liner is one of my go-to's when I am going for an everyday black liner look. The price make it really affordable and a comfortable replacement for the pot gel liners that require you to carry more around and constantly wash their brushes. I've always been a mega fan of Maybelline and this is another genius product, which I can praise them for.

I've swatched the different eyeliners below in order of them listed. I drew a small line to demonstrate the thinness the brush or nib can draw and a line beside it.



I'm constantly looking out for new eyeliners, especially ones that come in a pen form. But ultimately I always try to make sure I have a combination between cheap and expensive eyeliners so that I can use different ones for everyday or special days because that way I don't waste an expensive product on a normal lazy day.

What is your favourite eyeliner? I'd love to hear about your recommendations!

Love Anna x

6 comments:

  1. Oooo love it! I've just nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, please see my post on my blog :)

    tinyraindrop02.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination =D loved seeing all your answers!

      Love Anna, The Laife Journal x

      Delete
  2. I don't use eyeliners unfortunate (i'm allergic to it)
    But apart that, I reaaaaaally love your header/menu buttons
    at the top of your bloglayout! It's lovely c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless! Thank you for still checking out my post and blog! My best friend, COCOSKIES, actually drew my header for me and I couldn't be more proud of it =]
      I really love your blog too and following you on bloglovin =]

      Love Anna, The Laife Journal x

      Delete
  3. I nominated you for the Leibster award
    http://vintagequeen1.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me! I loved reading your post!

      Love Anna, The Laife Journal x

      Delete